Monday, March 9, 2009

Going away parties

For the two weeks before I left it felt like a whirlwind trying to get everything done and to see everyone before I left. It was hard to schedule separate going away parties with all the different groups I hung out with but well worth it when I pretty much got to spend time with each person individually. Packing, teaching everything I knew to my replacement and outprocessing also added to the craziness.

One of the going away parties was with the choir. There were about 6 of us leaving over a span of about 2 weeks so it was nice to get to spend time with each other besides church and practice. Here is a picture of the rug I got from them. Here is a picture of the whole choir, minus a few that couldn't make it.

Here is a picture of me and CAPT Rice when I got my Joint Commendation Service Medal.

Here is a picture at the roast they did for J-7. There were 5 of us leaving at once but for some reason my roast was longer than anyone else's. In fact once they finished mine then my boss got up and said more stuff to make fun of me. Didn't realize I had given them that much ammo in only 6 months. For everyone that leaves they do "Order of" awards. For me they did "Order of the Party Animal". Guess they got to know me well.
Here is a picture at the going away with my favorite PSD team. Neil, Wally and Hannes took really good care of me on a lot of trips to the border wells and some Baghdad Police Departments and I will miss them a lot!

Well that is all for this one. On my way home so I will post some more pictures right now.

No comments: