Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My 4-Day Pass to Qatar

So I got a little vacation while I was here and went to Qatar. They let some of us go there to break up our tour a little. I went with about 6 people from my unit back in Baghdad so it was pretty fun. I got to take some city tours of Doha, go shopping, hang out at a beach for a day and basically just not work (oh and get to drink beer). It was awesome. Here are some pictures from the trip.

One of the stops on the Doha City Tour was a camel market. This one was pretty friendly and didn't even spit on us.

Here was me in the really nice mall they took us to. Of course I go half way around the world to go to a really sweet mall and hang out at a hockey rink. Go figure...

Here is a picture on Doha Bay with the Doha Skyline in the background. We just hung out there to take pictures.


Here is a picture of me in the old Souks (old shopping area) with the Falconers. It was pretty cool and if you moved your hand around they spread their wings (cause they thought you were going to drop them).



This was the first night we got to drink beer together. It was awesome. From left to right there was Ty, Matt, Tom, Me, Craig and Steve. All of us work on the same base in Baghdad.
Well hope that gives you a good idea of how much I had on this deployment for 4 days. I am glad I got to go and see the sites. And can fill you in on even more details when I get home.
See you soon!























1 comment:

Cory and Kendi Knop said...

It looks like you are having fun! Can't wait for you to come home and see you in JAMAICA!!!