Monday, March 9, 2009

On my way!

Yay! I am on my way home! I was able to catch "Space Available" out of BIAP on the 7th which got me here in Al Udeid, Qatar a day early. That is 3 extra beers to enjoy! Anyway, I have been relaxing and trying to hang out with my friend Tim and his new mustache, Wilbur, who are deployed here as much as I can. So far I have pretty much just been sleeping, but I did get out and play BINGO this morning and won a $25 gift card to AAFES which I am currently trying to sell so I have cash to fly home with.

Here is a picture of Saad and me the last time I went to see him at his pizza place. We had a lot of going away parties there and he had the best hummus in the IZ so he was great to get to know.
Every Friday night before bible study we would go to the Green Beans coffee shop since it was in the same building as where we met. These guys would put on fun music and crank it up and dance with me. It became quite a tradition so I had to get a picture with them my last Friday there.
This is Moses one of the Ugandan gate guards. I use to walk around whistling so he started whistling songs back whenever he saw me and we ended up becoming friends. He wants to work on air conditioning units in the U.S. so hopefully I get to see him again.
My last night in the IZ a bunch of people came out to smoke hookah, drink chai and play cards. It was great to get to hang out with everyone for the last time and look forward to seeing them again in the future.
Here is a picture of Tim, Wilbur and me. Tim keeps threatening to shave Wilbur because it is starting to get hot. I think he is too emotionally attached to get rid of him though...
Well that is all for now. I will be home in 3 days and may post some more pictures of anything I forgot to post on while I was there but we will see. This has been quite a journey that I will not soon forget for many reasons. Thanks to everyone for all the support while I was here and I can't wait to see you again!
Love you all!
~Me

No comments: