Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monday, 22 Dec 08- "Wetting Down"

So the Navy has this tradition called "Wetting Down" (my boss is a Navy O-6). When a officer is getting promoted they throw a party and pay for all their nearest and dearest friends and co-workers to eat, (mostly) drink, and be merry. Part of the ceremony involves throwing the new promotee into the sea. Luckily for me Baghdad has hardly any bodies of water and the ones it does have I need my M-16 to access. Below are some pictures of the party. Of course thanks to GO#1 we could not have a proper party (no alcohol) and even worse the espresso machine was broken at the pizza place. I did manage to get some yummy bread and hummus- oh yeah, and get drenched by about 15 people throwing liters of water on me. Enjoy!











My friend has some really good ones of what I looked like after it was all over so when I get those I will post them as well. If you can tell I am trying to catch up here so look for the actual promotion ceremony, Christmas, and my 4 day pass to Qatar in the near future!
Take care and God bless!
~Me




No comments: