Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wednesday, 24 Dec 08- Promotion

This was the day I finally went from 2nd Lt to 1st Lt. Normally I would be wearing my service dress and we would do a "pinning on", but since we are in the iRaq, we improvised. Notice the awesome sharpie we used to color in my gold bars black. Since we are in an Army command, everyone wears black rank anyway so no one really noticed that I wore those around for two days. The people "pinning me on" were Craig (see blog post Thankful if you don't know who that is), my old boss Lt Col Allen, and my new boss LCDR Schlise. CAPT Rice (Navy O6 in charge of my unit) did my oath for me. We did it on the patio of our building before I turned everyone loose for the Scavenger Hunt I organized. Everyone had a really great time and it was a good way to celebrate the holidays.









I will write again soon!
Take care and God bless!
~Love, Me

No comments: